Level of Training Content: Beginner
Once you have registered, you will receive your trainer’s contact information for any additional questions you may have or to make changes to your training date.
Join this highly engaging and practical training to promote emotional intelligence and well-being through fostering the 5 Core Social and Emotional Competencies outlined by the Collaborative for Academic and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) to create emotionally strong and resilient kids.
- Self-Awareness (I am aware of what I am feeling.; I am aware of what others are feeling.)
- Self-Management (I have helpful communication tools to manage big feelings with care and kindness.)
- Relationship Skills (I show I care what others feel and use tools to stay connected and kind.)
- Academic Achievement (I have tools to bounce back [resiliency] and persevere when I have feelings that make learning challenging.)
Learn Kimochis® Positive Communication Tools to replace challenging behaviors such as grabbing, yelling, interrupting, cutting in line, and unkind words.
Engage children at morning meeting and integrate social and emotional learning (SEL) throughout the school day with the Kimochis feeling pillows and characters.
Collaborate with parents to create a caring school community where ALL feel welcome and ALL belong.
- Understand and articulate how to set up the Kimochis® Social Emotional Learning Program in the classroom and outline how to integrate SEL throughout the school day.
- Express the connection between feelings and behavior for both academic and social behavior.
- Demonstrate how to respond with positive discipline to the top 5 challenging behaviors in early learning using the Kimochis Keys to Communication, feeling pillows and Kimochis Characters.
- Choose 3 specific ways to support a climate and culture that is inclusive, welcoming, tolerant, and kind for all families.
- Create a simple plan for how to collaborate with parents so school and home use a common language to promote social-emotional learning.
|Days and Times
|Cancellation and Refund Terms
Fri, Apr. 10
1717 5th Avenue
TRAINER: Eileen Cristobal-Rodriguez, M.A.
PURCHASE TOOL KIT
Eileen Cristobal-Rodriquez received her master’s degree and teaching credential in early childhood special education and has a deep-rooted passion in early intervention and teaching effective social communication skills at an early age.
For the past 15 years, she has focused on early intervention and preschool, working with students who have mild to moderate disabilities. She taught at one of the preschool sites to pilot the Early Childhood Kimochis Curriculum and is living proof of the efficacy of Kimochis in the classroom setting and in the home.
Eileen feels it is important to embrace discussion that centers on managing “hard to have feelings” so that our children do not externalize or internalize those feelings in maladaptive ways.